NAPA FAMILY COURT
Local DCSS (LCSS) may do nothing to help you, then you should file a formal complaint. Highly recommend you seek a Judge in Sacramento to review issues with DCSS / LCSS versus your local Judges. You have a better shot of true or at least closer to "blind justice" instead of Napa Judges who would lkely side more with Local DCSS that they see, interact and correspond with on a weekly basis.
File with LCSS - Wait 30 Days - Include copy to Napa Director and State DCSS - Then
File with State and request a Sacramento Judge - Do not request a local Judge who will likely favor their "court friends"
Suggest you copy Kathy Hrepich, Jerry Brown, Nancy Mcfadden, Jonathan Renner & Diane Dooley
Notify the Media
Here is Napa DCSS Info: http://www.countyofnapa.org/Pages/DepartmentContact.aspx?id=4294967378
Complaint Form - Local / Napa DCSS : https://www.childsup.ca.gov/Portals/0/resources/docs/forms/lcr001.pdf
Complaint Form - State DCSS - Hearing Request: https://www.childsup.ca.gov/Portals/0/resources/docs/forms/sh001.pdf
Include these people in your complaint filing:
Director of Napa LCSS: Janet Nottely - email@example.com
Director of Main California DCSS California: Kathy Hrepich firstname.lastname@example.org
Also suggest you add these people in your correspondence - you may as well go for broke while being under attack! If we all keep filing legitimate complaints, then maybe a movement and change may occur. I have filled mine and help you with how to do it. So file your complaint today!
Individuals below oversee Kathy Hrepich, who oversees Local DCSS - LCSS
Contact information for all CA State Senators: http://senate.ca.gov/senators
Contact information for all CA State Assembly: http://assembly.ca.gov/assemblymembers
California Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)
Sample DCSS / LCSS Complaint Letter:
Based on information and belief, it is my opinion that NAME has taken the position to unilaterally dismiss INSERT request thus giving the appearance that she is motivated by bad faith or a conscious desire to injure non-custodial parent and has aligned themselves with one side of this matter displaying personal bias and animus, corruption, prejudice, appearance of impropriety, lack of professionalism, unethical behavior, fraudulent willful and contrived misrepresentations acting with oppression, malice, and fraud with the conscious and willful desire to deny my due process and showing that NAME in a supervisory position inability to properly perform duties which as I understand is required by DCSS to provide for both parties so as to remain impartial and to maintain the dignity of DCSS,.
Napa DCSS should not lend the prestige of the Napa DCSS office to advance the private interests of others; nor convey or permit others to convey the impression that they are in a special position to influence the outcome of a case.
At this time I expect and believe NAME will continue with her bias and prejudice ways by not providing me with a fair and reasonable opportunity to be provided with my due process.
It is requested that I be provided a new case worker and a new supervisor and or manager as the maintenance of public confidence in the integrity and independence of the DCSS system weighs in favor of removal of these individuals who refuse to help both parties.
cc: Gov Brown, Kathy Hrepich - Director of DCSS, Ms. Dooley, other Cal Agency
DCSS / LCSS TACTICS:
DCSS / LCCS - claims to "bring a family-centered approach that can meet both parents needs" - Napa Register Sept 10, 2012 - Janet Nottely - Director Napa LCSS (see below) 
- Death by Paper Work: DCSS may pepper you with paperwork.
- Death by Timelines: DCSS/LCSS will have damands to respond certain within a short time frame. Note - you may notice recieving the paperwork literally within days of the paperwork being due as the date on the letter head versus date of mailing may be very different.
- Death by Arrears: I personally witness the following two couples on a Wednesday, in the hallway just outside the Napa Courtroom, whereby LCSS was discussing arrears with the couples - both men happened to be contractors:
- Young Couple about mid-late 20's with a baby:
- Owed about $6,800 in arrears. Note: The Ex's were very friendly toward one another, with both of them trying to find ways to help one another.
- Ex wife BEGGED AND PLEADED WITH LCSS to let her Ex husband obtain his driver license and contractor license so that he could work to allow him the ability to earn and pay her.
- LCCS response was NO - only if he pays 10% of the arrears which would be $680 dollars. Ex wife explained to LCSS that he had no money and that if did have money he would give it her... note the Ex wife is defending a rational explaination that any human being knows to be true in that you have to be able to work in order to be able to pay. Of course LCSS with their "family centered approach" SAID NO.
- The Ex Wife pleaded several times with LCSS and LCSS would not budge.
- Why did this happen: Once you get LCSS involved, they TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE! They have LEGAL system on their side. Besides, they need that 10% to pay their incentive program.
- Older couple in the mid-late 50"s - Cannot recall the amount in arrears, however the discussion and result was exactly the same as with the young couple.
Napa Register: September 10, 2012 9:09 pm. JanetNottley Eye on Napa County: Navigating child support with help from the county
The Napa County Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) has tried hard to change that perception for parents, employers, and the community, and it is working.
Today's reality is much different than it was just a few years ago. As part of an overhaul of the structure of the department, DCSS has partnered with the Napa County Court and the family law facilitator to bring a family-centered approach that can meet both parents' needs."
THIS WEBSITE and all of the materials and information on the Site is general in nature and are provided for informational purposes only.
Nothing on the Site should be construed as legal advice or used as a substitute for legal advice. The opinions stated in this site are based on personal experience.